Monday, January 31, 2011

Poderosa Red Beefsteak Tomato and my Birthday surprise for you.

When most people think of a great tomato on a sandwich, they think of a beefsteak type tomato. Today I wanted to post about what is considered the grand daddy of beefsteak tomatoes.

A.k.a. Henderson's Crimson Cushion, Red Ponderosa, Beefsteak. Said to be the original strain of Red Beefsteak tomato. The large fruit can weigh up to 2 lbs. and are excellent for tomato sandwiches or slicing on a platter. Great old fashioned taste! Indeterminate, regular leaf foliage. (80 days).

History



History and description are from  http://t.tatianastomatobase.com its a data base of tomatoes check it out sometime, it truly is a fantastic site.

So now that I hopefully got you all excited about this wonderful heirloom tomato, I guess I should share my surprise. See today is my birthday, and as the saying always goes it is far better to give than to receive so I have decided I am going to give my readers a gift of seed from me to you. So here are the details I have about 3/4 of an ounce of this tomato seed, that is a lot of seed so if you would like to grow them just send me an email at Stepheninky@gmail.com and use the subject Beefsteak so I know its not spam and I will send you an email with my address. All you have to do is send me a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope  and I will send you a packet of tomato seed.

Now if you are not in the US or Canada let me know and I will do my best to send you seeds as well. I am not rich so just depends on demand.

This seed offer is first come first served once I am out of seed I am out. That being said I will email you as I might have some other varieties I could still send you.

Ok so happy birthday to me and hope to here from anyone wanting seeds.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
StepheninKY
Hello, My name is Stephen and I live in Kentucky. I also love gardening. I guess you could call it a bit of a hobby. I figure as far as hobbies go it is a pretty rewarding one. There is nothing in the world better than growing and eating just about anything you grew yourself.
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.